The shirt has inserts made of mesh on the chest and back, which ensures excellent ventilation. Made from an advanced fabric that wicks moisture away very well and provides temperature control.
– Internal mounting for the phone and a special hook for headphones
– Easily accessible pockets on both sides
– Comfortable terry fabric on the head cleaning belt
– The lengthened lower part of the back helps to keep the fit perfectly
– The strategically placed net on the back is ideal for carrying backpack
Alpinestars Men’s Drop 2 Shorts
- Front air inlets are zippered to ensure riders remain cool while their rip-stop reinforcements provide high levels of durability.
- Overall construction has been solid so far but more time will be needed before I can comment on durability.
- There are two open hip pockets, two zippered thigh pockets, and two zippered thigh vents.
- The zippered pockets are great to have and are large enough to carry cell phone, keys, smaller tools, etc.
- The vents are a bit gimmicky; they may be OK in theory but, in practice, I didn’t really notice any better or worse ventilation/cooling with them open.
- I’m generally between sizes (30 fits better in the waist, 31/32 fits better in hips and thighs) so I ordered the 32, wasn’t disappointed.
- It’s not noted in the description but there are two velcro belt straps to adjust waist sizing.
- The overall fit is what I would call “tidy”; baggy enough to be comfortable but fit close enough that you’re not worried about them catching on anything down the trail.
- I’ve typically worn the shorts with Fox Launch Enduro knee pads and haven’t had any issues with the shorts bunching during rides.
- While I haven’t ridden with the combo, I’ve also tried the shorts on with the larger Fox Launch knee pads and the fit is still comfortable.
- It attaches to the short/shell with three small plastic snaps (one on each side and one in the back) so you can easily remove the chamois if you so choose.
- While other chamois I’ve tried tend to feel like wearing a diaper, the Drop2 chamois uses thicker padding at primary pressure points and thinner in other areas, which allows the complete pad to conform better and leads to a much more comfortable fit.
- On the bike, the padding has been sufficient for all-day rides but there were a couple times when they would ride up, though not enough to make me stop and adjust them mid-ride.
- All told, I’d recommend these if you’re looking for a great chamois/short combo.
- However, if you already have a chamois that you like, there are likely other, more cost-efficient shorts available.
Alpinestars Men’s Drop 2 Short Sleeve Jersey
- An Mp3 compartment and headphone hook means you can listen to your favorite tunes while you ride.
- If the cut was different I would love this shirts design with the side pockets and max flow of air.
- I’m better off wearing my mx jerseys or the myriad of other hot weather clothing I own that breaths but isn’t necessarily mtb specific.