A pair of clamps with a closing system designed in such a way that it keeps the load on the spot during multiple repetitions. Usage range weight lifting, Olympic pace, functional training, peripheral exercises
– easy to put on and take off
– they fit most Olympic barbells
– do not damage plates or barbells
– light, strong and effective
– Inner diameter: approx. 54 mm
– sold in pairs
Quick Release Pair of Locking 2″ Olympic Size Barbell Clamp Collar Great for Pro Training by Clout Fitness
- However, a small piece of plastic broke while putting it on and it no longer clamps.
- It’s unfortunate that the product didn’t even last two months.
- UPDATE: I contacted Clout Fitness and they promptly responded to my email saying that I was actually sold a knock-off of their product based on the picture that I posted.
- The pair came promptly, has its own storage bag – that I really will use if I go on the road for extended periods, and they were holding down a few hundred pounds the first day.
- Nothing worse than putting big weight on a bar and not having the confidence to remember if you put on the clamps too.
- I cant tell you how many times Ive had 300 or more on my back, and had that brief moment of fear when I couldn’t remember if I’d put em on.
- Overall very pleased with the design, the tight locking, the double locks, the storage bag, and the easy ordering/delivery.
- It does what it is designed to do: clamp down on a 2″ olympic bar like an alligator on its prey.
- Especially when you consider the abuse it goes through.
- They are also easy to remove when you want to throw on another set of plates.
- Best yet, they are a fraction of the price of the typical clamps.
- In fact, these are cheaper than even your name brand spring clips!
- I have used them over over 2 months on a daily basis and can tell you that they are durable and can take a beating.
- I can attest that these clamps work well and without hesitation can recommend them for your lifts!
- It’s fast and efficient, less cumbersome on/off than tension clips.
- They even look cool, talk about a bonus — who would care if they had homely barbell clips so long as they worked?<
- Also it lies perfectly flush to the plates for a satisfyingly quiet, tight bar with no rattling.
- I bathe in the silence while I watch my biceps twitch with electricity, and my mind empties like a portcullis through which all things flow from eternity into the depths of human consciousness.
- They should provide more resistance than you’ll ever need for any horizontal force of sliding plates.
- For curls and lateral raises and such they could function at half the size they are.
- Not a huge deal but my home setup has no oly bar, but is based on weighted pull-ups and dips, bodyweight movements, and heavy split squats/shrugs/RDLs using dumbells, in which I’ll be pushing the loading limits of the oly dumbells.
- At times I will need to break out the spring clips in order to squeeze in an extra plate.
- The overall attention to design, especially in light of the fair price tag, shows a lot of passion which is not necessary for such a utilitarian thing, but is appreciated.
- These things are beast, priced to impress, and the company that sells them does not play around with customer service.
- As soon as you order them, you will be emailed by their customer service department basically giving out their contact information ready to meet your needs if you have any issues.
- These things clamp on nicely to your 2″ bar and they come packaged with a cute little travel bag that would even make a professional body builder say “awwww!”.
- Also, the color choices of this product makes for a nice touch.
- My wife and I love weights but hate having to change out plates on barbells.
- Clamps suck and get hung up easily and really slow down the workout.
- Easily release in less than a second, switch plates, then reapply these to secure the weight.
- It takes almost no time at all and they hug the plates tight onto the barbell to keep the plates from moving around like they do with regular clamps.
- We take turns benching, deadlifting, squatting and bicep curls.
- We change weights a lot mid-set sometimes if we can’t finish a rep.
- So seconds count, and we save many minutes and headaches during our workout thanks to these.
- I needed a collar to secure my weights on my lifts and this does the job wonderfully.
- I’ve been using these every day and they work perfectly.
- Way better than struggling with those rusty clips I had before.
Greententljs Olympic Barbell Clamps 2 inch Quick Release Pair of Locking 2″ Pro Olympic Weight Bar Plate Locks Collar Clips for Workout Weightlifting Fitness Training
- This barbell clamp fits for 2 inches Olympic size.Perfect for crossfit workouts,Olympic lifts,overhead press,deadlifts,bench press,or any other workout using 2 inches Olympic Barbell.
- They do not work especially well for anything over 300 lbs, but under this they are a very pleasant change from spring clips.
- The reason I gave these five stars is because I consider them a “cheap” foray into the market for this product.
- Frankly, I don’t mind that they wobble a bit out of place when I drop a deadlift.
- They certainly do their job, and I’ve never come close to pinching anything yet.
- Also, even if you’re basically dripping in sweat, you can operate the little one-finger flick and release thing with ease so there’s that.
- I have a feeling I’ll bust them from blatant abuse they weren’t really meant for before I truly want new ones.
- Oh yeah, they’re plastic with metal bits, so there’s no finish to rub off or scratch off.
- I have smaller hands and sometimes the gym clamps are bended or loose making it difficult to secure the plates.
- They have a few of black ones of these at the gym which are a hot commodity so I figured I should buy my own in a pretty color.
- I got pink because that way no one will think I am stealing them and I love the color.
- They are easy to use and fit well on all the appropriate free weights I use at the gym.
- The only downside of these I can see right now is that I really have to press the black tab to get the clamp to release, but this will probably lessen as I use them session after session.
- Not exactly sure how it has happened unless the plastic already wore out too much.
- I’m disappointed since I was optimistic this would actually keep the weights in place.
- The clamps typically come undone when i’m dropping weight over 150 lbs.
- Perhaps it was supposed to be screwed together and they forgot.
- I would give it no stars if I could because this item is not even functional.
- I mean really, who wants to go searching for collars in the gym and then having to squeeze the living crap out of them to get em’ to open?
- Not me, I’m female, I’m impatient, and like the ease of these collars – no problems EVER and they are “pretty” especially when the bar is loaded up to lift like Tarzan but the collars say Jane!<
- Very quick to add or remove plates, and they keep the plates in place.
- Perfect for my husband and I when we go to the LAFitness gym!
- Have had to readjust the barbell since putting these on.