Bicycle helmet from FoxHead. Its shell was made in In-Mold technology, it is very light and airy-it has 20 ventilation holes.
The center of the helmet has been placed EPS foam, has a detachable visor and a spoiler in the back.
Fox Head Flux Helmet
- The helmet is very comfortable due in part to the detox retention system, that allows the wearer to individually adjust each side/back to the shape of wearer’s head.
- Lets face it, no one has a perfectly shaped head and the Flux’s individual ratchet straps at the rear allow for a custom fit, whereas the wheel type adjuster on most helmets adjusts both sides equally.
- With the Flux, I typically have one side a few notches tighter than the other.
- It’s a quick fit adjustment, just pulling the straps together with the thumb and forefinger.
- It’s as quick or quicker than the wheel style adjuster and it’s more precise.
- The other reason the fit is so good is proper molding and labeling of sizes available.
- The only negative I noticed is this helmet is slightly heavier, than other helmets similarly styled and priced.
- Had it been possible, I would have knocked off 1/4 of a star because some riders are very weight conscience of every part and accessory.
- I recommend the Fox Flux Helmet and I would buy it again.
- With just a pinch you can open a close it with ease, making it easy to take the helmet off especially if you clamped it on for a down hill run, but you can wear it a little looser for the streets.
- Check out the pictures and you’ll see how you can just pinch to tighten it down and release to loosen it up.
- The helmet overall was comfortable right out of the box.
- I really like the matte black finish and the extra cover on the back of the head is really awesome.
- It just adds that extra bit off confidence that if you bail, you’re head won’t be crushed because the helmet came off.
- It really makes for a secure fit in addition to more protection.
- Much better than just a “turtle” sitting on top of your head.
- It reminds me of a cop helmet for some reason lol or maybe an equestrian helmet.
- It looks cool which is kind of important because if you feel dumb wearing it, you’re not going to wear it and that defeats the purpose.
- Let me go on record saying I hate helmets, but I got whacked by a car a couple of weeks ago and even though I didn’t crush my skull, I only consider myself lucky because I didn’t want to wear a helmet on my short (10min) daily commute to work.
- So I found this helmet and haven’t thought twice about not wearing one.
- Let me say, even if you’re in a bike lane, mind those drivers man.
- The chin strap is good, but I haven’t really noticed it since I trimmed it up.
- I should mention that the adjustments on the chin strap are spot on and make for a quick custom fit as well.
- They fit well around your ears without rubbing or making it harder to take it on/off.
- The visor is a little flimsy, but I get that’s the idea so if you faceplant it doesn’t cause the helmet to push back and off of your skull.
- You still get a little sweaty on the brow of course, but not your scalp.
- I also really like the little fox head detail/ fin on the back.
- It’s barely noticeable and kinda funny that I appreciate it since pretty much only a 13 year old should care.
- I think others who like to bike, but aren’t into the whole “euro-sportiva” über flashy look will really like it.
- Definitely a good fit for the more subdued, grungy crowd.
- I had to modify the interior of the helmet in order to make it more comfortable so I used the extra padding that Fox provided and stuffed it on the bump.
- It has nice big vent holes near the top so your head gets the cooling that it needs, and there is a space on top of the helmet that is ideal for putting Go-Pro mounts.
- Overall, if you modify the padding on the inside, it turns into a great helmet.
- This Fox Flux was in the top 3 and when I saw it drop in price I grabbed it.
- My researched proved to be quite accurate and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase.
- The air pockets are large enough to get a nice amount of air in and the back looks awesome.
If you want a 360 view YOUTUBE this helmet and watch reviews.
- Very light, doesn’t droop down while riding or impair any vision.
- Recommended to a couple friends who have since purchased one as well.
- Hard to keep your head high enough to see the trail ahead, especially on technical terrain.
- Overall like it, but will go with different brand next time.
- I do not like how some of the back straps inside bother the back of my head.
- It fits very well and protects the back of the head very well.