Thanks to the friendly look and technologies that ensure comfort, the Event is a pure motivation to cover the next kilometer.
Technologies: Twin Axis Gear (TAG): a matching system that guarantees perfect fit in two axes-not only in circumferential, as in most helmet models but also vertically in order to better take into account the variation of the upper / lower occiput. In order to improve comfort, soft rubber is used in the raised arms of the helmet, which guarantees, among other things, a better fit to the goggles. Cam lock levers: make it easier to adjust the straps around the ears. Just open the cam, set it conveniently and close the lever. Molded polycarbonate shell (Injection Fusion Microscope)
– the extrusion technology involves joining the helmet microscope with a layer of styrofoam foam, resulting in a more solid and durable construction.
Styrofoam foam is injected into the microscope shell when it is still in the injection mold, not formed separately and glued to the shell at a later stage of production. Bell developed this process first and made it a standard in the production of high quality helmets.
This way, all their products are created, not counting hard-shelled ones.)
Overbrow Ventilation, allowing temperature regulation by means of inlet openings.
Overbrow VentilationTM forehead ventilation system forces the cold air through the inlets located above the eyes.
A special bridge makes it impossible to cover the inlets, and the arrangement of ventilation ducts guarantees the ventilation of the largest possible area of the head.
– road racing and XC
– In-Mold Polycarbonate shell
– matching system TAGTM
– adjustment system-cams-matching straps around the ears
– the number of ventilation openings: 22
– Weight: 290 g
– size: M
Bell Event Helmet Red/Black Road Block, M
- Its 22 vents work with the Overbrow Ventilation to evenly and constantly keep your head cool.
- The Twin Axis Gear (TAG) Fit System now also has Cam-Lock Levers and a dual axis adjustment system to make your helmet’s positioning as effortless and precise as possible.
- All of the other helmets including the Bell Array helmet fell short one way or another.
- If you check out my reviews you will see why I felt this way.
- This helmet on the other hand gets almost everything right.
- Fit: the helmet covers a large portion of your head so you feel very well protected when riding at high speeds.
- Most importantly though it doesn’t give you the mushroom cap look either!!!
- The advanced fit system allows for multiple adjustments of the strap etc that provide a very snug fit yet it remains very comfortable.
- With past helmets I always seem to have an issue with the straps somewhat digging into my neck area which on a long ride can get very annoying.
- Design: the design of the helmet provides ample air flow which is a very important feature as a cyclist in the south.
- Include this on top of the light weight design and there will actually be times you forget you are even wearing the helmet.
- No stars docked
Padding: to find a helmet with this much padding and comfort in this price range is rare.
- I won’t go into tremendous detail here but it should suffice to say the helmet has ample padding and is very comfortable to use.
- Color: I’ve had an issue in the past with color not matching the sellers image.
- I ordered the red and black helmet to match my bike and the color is accurately reproduced by the image.
- Protection: all helmets must meet the same criteria of protection so this may be a moot point however the helmet does a great job of engineering that transfers the stress around the air vents such that it provides plenty of airflow yet remains very protective in the event of a tumble.
- Overall I am extremely pleased with the helmet and if I happen to take a fall and am need for another one I will not hesitate to buy again.
- This is by far my favorite helmet in this price range and I highly recommend giving it a try.
- If you have any questions about the helmet please feel free to comment on my post and I will answer them when I can.
- Thank you for taking the time to read my review I hope you enjoyed it and happy riding!!!<
- A deal I thought was worth it, so I completed the order.
- After receiving the helmet, my red ended up looking more like pink than anything else.
- The fit system adjusts to the circumference of your head, but also adjusts up and down.
- The straps may be a bit annoying because they like to loosen on you every so often, but not too bad.
- Similar to quality as lower-mid level Giro helmets I’ve worn like the Trinity.
- Fit perfectly first time I put it on – just needed a slight adjustment of chin strap length.
- It’s not beer as comfortable and doesn’t fit nearly as well.
- However, the picture and color description is misleading.
- The orange fades to a more pink color after 7 days of continuous wear in the sun.
- It was supposed to be matte red and showed up looking fluorescent orange/pink.