Aftermarket Replacement Pads Liner for Trek Interval 2 Helmet
- Aftermarket Replacement foam pads kit for your Trek Interval 2 helmet.
- Note: this kit is not made by Trek, it is custom manufactured by HFK in the USA.
- Only a couple of the pads actually went out, so I only replaced the broken ones.
- If I had to put them all in, it might be a little snug.
- The helmet manufacturers recommend replacing the entire helmet after 3-6 years, but I just check my over to determine if there are any cracks or bowing in places and if it looks good, I continue to use it.
- I purchased my Trek Interval 2 because it fit my head perfectly, and with the new pads it’s tight.
- I actually couldn’t use the side pads because they caused the helmet to press against the sides of my head.
- Instead, I used the original thinner pads on the sides, and used the new thicker pads for the top of the head.
- Personally I’d like to get pads that are half as thick as these.
- The original pads were all worn out and replacing them was a lot more reasonable then buying a new helmet.
- We have different type of helmets and was able to replace both.
- Better quality than the ones that came with my helmet originally.
Aftermarket Replacement Pads Liner for Trek Interval Helmet
- Aftermarket Replacement foam pads kit for your Trek Interval helmet.
- The problem is that the item does not ship with the mounting velcro as described in the item description, so i can’t mount it correctly in my helmet.
- Updated Review: I wrote the sellers and they immediately shipped me out velcro mounting tabs.
- I’m very happy with the product and changed my rating to 5 stars.
- However the postage cost twice the price of the item and the item is just a piece of foam and weighs almost nothing.
- Compared to the original the foam is thick and and you do sweat a little more.
- And, yes, I put it in a zippered wash bag and on gentle cycle with the rest of my cycling gear.