Power supply-from cigarette lighter
Intex catalog number-66626
Intex Quick-Fill DC Electric Air Pump, Max. Air Flow 21.2CFM
- The car-powered electric device includes a 12-volt DC plug compatible with your car’s power outlets, and the pump additionally includes three interconnecting nozzles.
- About Intex Recreation
Intex Recreation makes above-ground swimming pools, air beds, inflatable toys, pool and lake boats, and the proprietary Intex Saltwater Pool System.
- Basically because it significantly inconvenienced me when I needed it most.
- I purchased this electric air pump to fill my two queen air mattresses on my camping trip to Assateague Island.
- The product did not work and I was on an island camping.
- I drove to the closest Walmart which was not all that far away, maybe 20 minutes and got so lucky as to find the exact same model at Walmart.
- I tested this one prior to departing the Walmart parking lot and it worked well.
- I like that it comes with three different attachments for different inflation holes.
- The fact that you can plug it into a car cig outlet is awesome for things like camping.
- The unit comes in a box that is about 5x5x5 so it is fairly small and portable.
- In addition to providing air for inflation, it can also deflate so we can fold the kayaks more compactly.
- My only gripe is the relatively short length of the cord.
- We must put pump the kayak right next to the car due to the short cord.
- One improvement for this product would be to have an option to use batteries so there is no cord issue.
- It worked incredibly fast and we even had several people ask us where we bought it because it was just so convenient!
- It doesn’t have enough power to fully inflate it though to where it’s firm and I feel comfortable being on it.
- I will usually fill up the boat as much as this can and then use my hand pump to finish the job.
- Still makes the job significantly easier than if using hand pump exclusively.
- I’m giving this 3 stars because, although it works alright, it was very slow to fill a relatively small vessel, and it doesn’t have the power to inflate an Intex boat to the pressure you need.
- After getting it 90% inflated with this electric pump, I still had to finish it off with the manual one my kayak came with.
- Not ideal :/
I’ve attached a photo of the kayak I was inflating, to reference the sort of thing this pump couldn’t finish.
- It’s fully inflated in the photo, after using the manual one.
- This air pump fits right into your hand, has a nozzle for inflation/ deflation and the attachments are interchangeable once attached, making it easy to switch between different sized valves.
- Considering the size of this pump it filled 4 tubes up in under 10 minutes, which we were delighted by.
- After we were done our float the deflation feature came in handy as it removed all air making for tighter car storage.
- I would definitely recommend this air pump for any rafts, tubes, mattresses, but probably not anything larger.
- It seems to not want to overfill the boats chambers which is a good thing but I like the boat to be firmer when I put it in the water.
- What I do is use this pump and finish topping off the boat with a hand pump.
- This is a good pump and will save your arms from a workout for sure.
- Very small, perfect to take with you if you need to blow up an air bed out camping etc.
- I used this to blow up my sons bounce house he got for Christmas (a smaller bounce house for a toddler) it blew it up quickly.
- I should of read it only has a car adapter but I guess I skipped over that.
- I wish it would of came with a wall plug as well for blowing things up inside.
- With the various adapters, this pump can be used for boats, exercise balls, mattresses, etc.
Intex Quick-Fill AC/DC Electric Air Pump, 110-120 Volt, Max. Air Flow 15.9CFM
- Features an inflating valve and a deflating valve to save time setting up and putting away.
- Finally someone has an option to either plug into your car or into an outlet.
- It fills a thick queen air mattress in about 4 minutes, and gets it hard enough to sleep on.
- You can’t get it too tight as this little pump can’t put out but so much pressure, but it’s perfect for normal home and camping applications.
- You can plug it into the wall AND into your car power plug.
- None of this nonsense of hauling an air mattress to the garage to fill it there when guests sleep over.
- Or having to get a power converter for your car while camping.
- With cars and most boats today, there is no difficulty in using the lighter adapter that this product comes with.
- I am planning on using it for mattresses when we go camping.
- Granted, it is a smaller unit and took a bit more time than I expected but in the end, it worked well for the size and the price point.
- We were working with a budget and I am pleased with my choice.
- I wish there was an attachment for me to use on my bike.
- With a single layer queen air-mattress, it takes about 2 minutes.
- This is about the same time it takes with my older one.
- There are definitely faster and quieter ones on the market that I’ve used, but they are all strictly 120v.
- Also note that this pump being 12v can be ran off solar, pretty handy!<
- Like that it is either ac or car cigarette lighter connection dc powered given that I also have Intex air beds for car camping trips.
- Additional nozzles all tethered together which is nice.
- We took this with is us on vacation and it was a life saver.
- We were able to blow up all our pool floats at the house.
- Then when we went to the river for the day we used it again for our river tubes.
- Having the two attachment for either home use or car use is so convenient.
- Ok once you place the nozzle attachment on it stays in place and you ssh don’t have to worry about losing it.
- The DC converter being at the plug makes it way safer IMO.
- It also makes it generate less heat if left on for over 5 mins (other ones seem to get quite hot!).
- Only thing keeping it from being a 5-star rating is the DC plug sticks straight out and is just waiting for someone to put too much pressure on it and break it.
- I love having the option of 12V or 110 so I can use it in different situations.