Crux lite is a powerful burner allowing for quick boiling of 1L of water in a short time of 3 minutes. It is one of the lightest stoves in the world available with a piezo electric igniter.
The kit also contains a package for the burner.
– Average cooking time 1L of water: 3 min
– Average burning time: up to 90 minutes with cartridges 230 g
– Dimensions: length 71 mm x width 57 mm x height 56 mm.
– Fuel type: propane / butane gas cartridge
– Power: 3000 W
– Weight: 86 g
Optimus Elektra FE Cook System
- The lightweight Crux Lite stove features Heat Exchange Technology and 10,200 BTU of heat output for fast and effortless boiling.
- A handheld piezo igniter reliably sparks the Crux Lite stove, and the included hard-anodized aluminum clip-on windshield shelters the cooking flame from mountain breezes and blustery conditions.
Optimus Elektra Fe Cook System
- It will result in a 20% fuel savings with a 28% faster boil time compared to a normal pot with no lid or windshield.
- The Elektra FE cook system includes the Crux Lite gas stove, a heat exchange pot with a lid, a convenient clip-on windshield (which reduces gas consumption and boil time) and a handheld piezo igniter.
- Due to its compact size the Elektra FE cook system fits easily into a day pack and adds hardly any weight.
- A lot of the cooking stuff I had to carry separately is all ready to go in this compact kit.
- I weighed the full set with a medium size 220 gram Coleman butane blend fuel canister and it came in at 824 grams (464 grams without the fuel canister).
- I will occasionally use this for backpacking, but mostly for quad camping, so weight isn’t a premium, but compact size is a plus.
- The windscreen and heat exchanger ring make this rig a big fuel saver.
- The windscreen is constructed with a piece of spring metal at the center, so it will hug the cook pot when being stored.
- The larger cook pot is embossed with metric/english measurement scales.
- It also has a pour lip located 90 degrees from the handles for easy pouring.
- The “frypan” top makes great egg pucks for sandwich thins.
- It will do a nice sausage patty too, but you are gonna have to cut up the bacon slices.
- The medium size fuel canister, the stove burner head (in its own transport bag), and the Piezo lighter all fit inside the pot system with room to spare.
- Also included is a drawstring closure mesh bag that encases the whole system.
- I wished the system had an option for the folding model of the Crux burner head.
- This would have made even more storage space inside the pots while in their transport configuration.
- Never had a system boil faster under normal conditions.
- I don’t usually cook food with it but it will get the job done with the wide burner on the stove.
- Much better for cooking then msr stoves and most others.
- It does lack non stick for cooking but that also gives you the option to use them over a fire.
- It all fits together nicely and I even fit a small cook towel and scraper inside for cleaning up.
- Cant do any better in my opinion and would highly recommend for all conditions except extreme cold and altitude since the fuel used does not work well in those conditions.
- Light, packs small, quick to put together and it heats up fast.
- Going on about 5yrs with mine and I absolutely love it.
- Other than that this is the absolutely perfect hiking stove.