The complete OPTIMUS Elektra Fe Cook set includes the Crux Lite torch, a pot with a lid and other necessary tools for cooking.
The stove is efficient thanks to the Fuel Efficient system (28% faster cooking time)
and at the same time consumes 20% less fuel than the cookers equipped with traditional systems.
The dishes are made of light, anodised aluminum, have folded handles and a practical division. The kit contains:
– Crux Lite torch
– Terra Weekend pot 0,9 l with lid
– Windshield Clip-on
– piezo igniter
Note-the set does not contain a cartouche visible on the pictures, while the size of the pot is adapted to store the cartridge Optimus 220
– Boiling time 0.8 liters of water: approx. 2-3 min.
– Burning time of a 230 g gas cartridge: approx. 90 min
– Dimensions of the set: approx. 170 x o120 mm
– The dimensions of the pot: 12 x o12.5 cm
– Weight of the set: approx. 560 g
Energy by Optimus Gas
- The canister is protected from damages with a smart seal that indicates if the canister is unused or not.
- It came in a padded envelope and wrapped in brown paper via USPS.
- The package was small enough to be left in a standard mailbox.
- The stove threaded on to the top perfectly and I could not detect any leakage on the threading or un-threading.
- The protective plastic top is easily removable with the tab, but I doubt it will come off without being pulled on by hand.
- My girlfriend explained that the curvature of the spork opposite the curved potlid tab are for holding a fuel canister, so I shopped for a small one and found this at a good price.
- One can lasted my group of five people just over 3 days in conjunction with my optimus stove.
- Overall I think we must have boiled close to 15 liters from this one can.
- I did notice in the cooler mornings the flame output seemed sluggish compared to during the warmer afternoon and evening hours.
- Given that, I would suggest keeping the can warm overnight for better overall cooking efficiency.
- This blend has served me well from winter in the sierras to high winds in desert of death valley.
- I’ve had 0 problems with any equipment that I’ve used with these cans.
- Optimus has some of the best quality to price ratios in the outdoor business.
- I have depended on these gas blends, I have bet my life on them, and they’ve never let me down.
- I had a little trouble with one (for the first time) on a recent trip where the temperature was 5-10 degrees F, with winds on of 5-20mph, and constant snow fall.
- It was my fault for leaving this out for an hour or two while I was doing other things and getting the fire going–I know should have kept it warm between uses.
- But I think the MSR and Snowpeak gases work a little better in those conditions.
- I swear this thing gets a lot more boils out of it than advertised.
- Beware, if you’re using it in weather below 20 degree you want to keep this in your pocket or sleeping bag or the fuel may liquify and misfire – that’s standard for all stove fuels though.
- This size canister also fits perfectly in my Optimus stove.
- I’ll never buy an off brand fuel canister after using this stuff.
- This is a much larger canister than I was expecting and last a lot longer than I was expecting.
- If you were to use this for a long backpack trip, I would estimate it would last at least 2 weeks if you used it to cook three meals a day.
- There are probably cheaper options, but this one just works.