– polycarbonate glass,
– ANTI FOG-anti-fog coating coating,
– UV SHIELD-protection against harmful UV rays,
– double silicone strap,
– RFA-new competitive belt adjustment system,
– super light elastomer construction,
– silicone gasket,
– 100% watertight,
– designed in one element technology, especially for women,
– an elegant packaging that protects glasses from damage and scratches.
Arena Swedix Mirror Race Swim Goggle
- I used these while racing in college and they really helped: 1) with my head position in the pool and 2) not having to look up at the wall for turns.
- There are one and a half downsides to them:
– Actual downside: Arena uses the cheapest rubber known to man.
- This can be mitigated if you use the string nose piece and a bungie strap though.
- Sort of downside: they work so well that they are addictive.
- You can’t really borrow a friends normal googles when you use these regularly, as tilt-less googles will throw off your head position and walls.
- So, order 2 pair and make sure you have a back up ready.
- They fit well and do not leave huge marks around my eyes.
- I do replace the straps with bungie straps right away because they are easier to keep adjusted.
- Second, the watertight fit begins to leak after about 6 months.
- I take good care of them – rinse them after every swim, air dry them out of the sun and keep them in a case.
- That said, I keep buying them so the good things definitely outweigh the bad.
- He trains in a pool of competition and we do not understand how an Arena product can be spoiled thus with so little use.
- We purchased these 1 month ago and the “mirroring” is already completely gone and the left lens and mostly gone on the right lens.
- This is super disappointing because the regular lenses don’t have any issues at all.
- The Swedix goggles are the most comfortable goggles she has ever used so it’s too bad this pair is ruined.
- Antifog coating, as like all other goggles, wears off after about a week of typical use.
- They make seeing ahead of you without changing your head position a lot easier, which is great for under-waters.
- Also, thy helped break my habit of lifting my head a few degrees before flip-turns.
- The first pair had a weird greasy/gluey film over the lens that could not be removed.
- Then second pair I received to replace the first, broke in two second when I tried to tighten the nose area.
- My friend has these and likes them but I got unlucky twice and wasn’t willing to try a third time.
- The rubber tore when I tried to make them fit correctly.
- The bend in the middle of the goggles takes some getting used to.