Wilson Blade 98 tennis racket with 18×20 strings designed for medium and long-range tennis players.
Player type-club / performance
Weight without mark-about 304 g
Balance-about 32.5 cm
Length-68.6 cm / 27.0 in
Pow. heads-632 cm2 / 98 in2
String arrangement-18 x 20
The stiffness of the frame-65
The size of the handle-3
Wilson 18×16 Blade 98S Tennis Racquet
- Now with parallel drilling, the Blade 98S features a larger sweetspot for even better feel and more control.
- The 18 x 16 string pattern and moderate swingweight give this racquet a solid feel with high level RPMs, giving you added spin and power.
- An Amplifeel handle system filters out unwanted vibrations for improved performance and a cleaner feel.
- So I feel not terribly well qualified to judge a racket.
- This has better control, better spin (I especially notice it on serves and slick backhands).
- Slightly less power, but I’ve never had trouble hitting the ball hard, just hitting it in.
- I went with Luxilon 4g string at the recommended tension.
- After two years I love the racquet, and am playing the best I’ve ever played.
- Rackets are so individual though, what I like might not be suitable for others.
Wilson Blade 98 18×20 Countervail Limited Edition Tennis Racquet, Lime Green/Black
- Countervail is a material concept designed to maximize energy transfer, reducing muscle fatigue and recovery time.
- The Blade 98 CV takes the stealth look of its predecessor up a notch, with a matte black/gloss green finish and laser etched details.
- Maintains the traditional feel of the previous Blade 18×20, along with nearly identical specs.
- A 21mm flat beam and 98 square inch headsize provide solid feel and control for intermediate to advanced players with a faster swing, seeking a stiffer stringbed response.
- A versatile performer from all points on the court and ideal for a player seeking the added control of a denser pattern.
- Amplifeel handle technology features basalt inserts, customized foam and a softer buttcap that provides a clean, enhanced feel.
- This frame is designed for today’s big hitters, who feature a very aggressive attacking game, looking for a solid feel to go with classic control.
- Be bold and try out the Wilson Limited Edition Blade 98 Countervail with Wilson’s Lime Green reverse color scheme!