If you lose this item from the original set-we give you the option to play the set.
– Inner diameter 35 mm
– Outer diameter (at the bottom flange)
– height: 59 mm
Brand: Survival Kettle
ZITRADES 3pcs Emergency Hiking Camping Survival Aluminum Whistle Key Chain With Red/Green/Blue Color
- Package content:
3 x Aluminum Whistle
Attention:The whistle is for Emergency Hiking Camping Survival, not a toy minimun age above 6 years old .
- The cuts are uneven and there’s a giant burr / chip sticking into the whistle slot on the red one that made it all the way through the plating process.
- The fact that it didn’t burn off in the anodizing tank makes me suspect that they are painted rather than anodized.
- About two months ago one of these friends fell and broke her hip and could not get to her telephone to call 911 but thankfully she had the whistle I had given her and was able to get the attention of one of her neighbors who then called 911 to get Bobbi an ambulance .
- I was in a similar situation and was told by a paramedic that it was a very good idea because I was able to draw attention to myself and got the help I needed because my power chair had just stopped working while I was in the parking lot of our local grocery store .
- Our son joined Scouting and I wanted some inexpensive whistles to give the family on hikes.
- I have a referee/coach whistle that I use and when I compared the sound, its about as loud as a good coach’s whistle, maybe a tad louder.
- Coaches whistles have that little ball that makes the sound fluctuate).
- Its lightweight, small and study enough that I am not worried about it breaking on hikes.
- The metal ring is thin so you may want to replace with a stronger one to attach to whatever you want to.
- The price of these is perfect to make sure that everyone has an emergency whistle that is easy to attach and keep track of as we venture out.
- They are loud enough that you should easily be able to find a nearby missing person if needed.
- I’ve found that they aren’t as loud or piercing as a larger emergency whistle and would recommend a true survival whistle when there is a risk of back country emergency.
- The whistles are small enough that they could be attached to keys if someone wanted to carry them around town as well.
- I bought them for my wife & I to use in case of some emergency.
- The first time I tried it, my wife didn’t hear it, but I think that says more about the condition of her ears than the whistle.
- And, in truth, I didn’t blow the thing as hard as I could’ve, because it was already hurting my ears!!<
- I think that, in a real emergency, I’ll just have to bear the pain, and blow harder yet!<
- Because they were cheap and I actually did need some key chains for spare keys.
- I also decided that if I was in a building collapse or if someone was trying to mug me, I could blow on the whistle and get help?
- Anyway, they have a ring on them, you put your keys on them, and there you go.
- They are sturdy metal and the whistle is definitely loud and would get attention.
- Not sure what else you would need to know if you were considering buying these!<
- My only concern is there is a plastic reed inside that makes the whistle sound and if that ever falls out I assume the whistle will not work.
- I kept one and gave other two to two of my good friends.
- Just keep in mind, there is a plastic piece inside, that if somehow broken, I don’t think the whistle will work (others may chime in w more experience,…
- I found the reason is because in the other 5, the plastic piece that causes the high pitch is skewed.
- It arrived on time and was affordable enough to be worthwhile.